THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Start of a New Adventure

Well Monday we went to Boston Children's Hospital for an appt to talk about the Ketogenic Diet that might help Noah's siezures. They are very thorough there. We first met with the Nurse who did the routine wieght & height and a urine sample.. Then we met with the doctor who went over the diet and its pros & cons. Then we met with the nutritionist to talk about the diet itself and what foods he will be allowed and formula etc. Then the social worker came in and made sure everything finacially and support wise was ok. Then we had to go to the lab for blood work & to drop off his urine from earlier. This is where I hold my breath.... The get his blood first try. But the urine from earlier is no good so they need a new one. We wait for 3 1/2 hrs for him to go. It didnt happen and they say it will get done when he comes back!
But they are going to do up his blood work and check his metebolic levels and make sure that his body can handle the diet. If everything comes back and they give him the green light we go back to Children's hospital in the end of Sept to be admitted for four days to begin this diet. The diet sounds great and sounds like it is worth trying. Hopefully it will stop his siezures all together but sometime it just slows them down. I'll take anything at this point. He is siezuring everyday. Yesterday he had 8-10 seizures that I/or the nurse witnessed.

The decision about preschool has been made and are in the works. I have decided with the help of family that we are going to try the preschool thing with Noah. It is going to be a great opportunity cognitively and physically. The big set back to making this decision was the health fact that he could catch something that his body wouldnt be able to fight off but the pro's to this situation are to good to pass up. We have decided that he could catch these viruses just goin to the doctors or out in public and if he goes to preschool and keeps catching illnesses we will pull him out but we have to give him the opportunity. There is a waiting list that we have been put on but as soon as that is over my little boy will be going to school.

We have also set up to get his ears looked at for a second opinion. We are begining the struggle of ear infections again and I want someone to reevaluate for Tubes. We are in there every month it seems with an ear infection and down to one antibiotic that seems to work.

I was offered a Part Time position last week at the Daycare that I did my externship with. I will be the afternoon head teacher of the 3 year old room. I am super excited about this, and will start on this friday. Its a 2-6 position so I will still have my mornings with Noah. I hope that in the future it can become more that PT. But its a great opportunity, and I really enjoyed it there when I was externing.

I also got great news from the diabetes dr last week that my A1C is still at a 6.8 and she is super happy with this. This is wonderful news.

1 comments:

Megan Hennessey said...

Glad to hear things are progressing in a good way for you and Noah. I am sure it's tough, but keep plugging away, he is more than worth it!!