THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Baby Steps here we come

So yesterday Noah had a nuerologist appt. Things siezure wise have been going very good lately. So the doctor was very impressed. He was impressed with his head support too. Anyway Boston had suggested that since he has been doing so good with the ketogenic diet and the clobazam that we try to take him slowly off the clonazapam. Which is a similar drug and this had been the goal when we had started the Clobazam but just havent got to the place where we thought it was safe. Now we are beginning these steps. He is going from taking Clonazapam 1 tab in the morning & 1/2 tab in the morning to 1/2 in the evening and 1/2 in the AM for 3 weeks and if all goes well we will then drop it again to just a 1/2 tab in the PM for 3 weeks and then he will stop it completely! Phew its always nerve racking for mommy to wait and hope when playing with the drug regiment but they are in hopes that he will do fine and the clonazapam has more side effects than the Clobazam that we will keep him on. We can only hope that this works. Pray everyone!
Then he had a chirpractor appt yesterday as well and the Chiropractor was very impressed with how well Noah is keeping his neck adjustments. Things are looking great and hopefully soon we will be working on helping his scoliosis. But he wants to see Noah holding his neck adjustments for two weeks before continueing on other areas!

2012 has slowly got me working on a better me as well...Little revelutions are being set... One is I need to begin to drink more water rather than diet soda. Diet soda is an aweful addiction that I have and I drink WAY to much. So Ive been striving to get at least 32- 50 oz of water into my body...with the hopes that I get to the full 64 oz Im suppose to get into me! This will also hopefully help me with my mini wieght loss goal of 25lbs. I really need to work on me a little bit. Im not happy with myself and I know Ive dealt with a lot these past few years and this is probally part of the issue but now that Noah is in school 5 days a week I have no excuse why I cant take a little "mommy time" and work on getting me slimmer and healthier.
So I will keep you updated on my progress as well as Noahs progress.

Family life is going very well...the girls are growing up so fast. Marissa turned 13 on New Years eve and I cant believe I am being the mother to a teenager already! She is doing basketball this year in the 6th grade team and she is doing so well. She loves it.
Megan is doing well as well. She is getting ready to start Hip Hop Dance Class and I know she will enjoy this as well. She just got thru having both ears rupture from an double ear infection and was sick all last week but she is doing better! PHEW!!!

Erik is being kept really busy at work lately. Long hours and long days! Which is good for the business and the job security. It has been a great opportunity for him to become Plant Manager and it gives him opportunities to do some traveling for work which makes it hard sometimes not having him home but he is enjoying it and it gives me some good quality time with the kids. Ive always wanted a family of my own and I now have it and I love it. Hopefully 2012 will be the year we have waited for...Lets keep Noah on this healthy path and my family happy and healthy too!

0 comments: