THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Back Again

So Noah did well out of the hospital for 6 days. He was so happy and moving all around. He was better than I have seen him in a long time, and then our excitment went down hill. Since Monday he has been inconsolable night and day. We have tried everything and he was just in pain. Wednesday night we took him to the Maine Med ER because he was crying all day and night time seemed to get worse....well until we got here that is he fell asleep on the way here and stayed asleep the whole time. KIDS! He slept until we got in the driveway and again he started screaming. Thursday we took him to the surgeons office and they said his incision looked good but found that he was EXTREMELY constipated. They gave him an enema and that seemed to help until 11 pm that night and then he was inconsolable again.....falling asleep at 10pm and waking at 11pm and crying nonstop until 6am. I tried the swing, the vibrating seat, the rocking chair, mommy's bed NOTHING helped.
So Friday I took him to his pediatrician and she was no help. She told me that I needed extra services in the house because I couldnt handle my son by myself anymore.... she tried to tell me he was crying because of his ear infection (although he has had many some double ear infections and never acted this way) and she told me that it was his neurological problems causing him to be up screaming all night and I needed the neurological doctor to prescribe me a sedative for him.... not happy.... looking for a new pediatrician......
Took him to ER last night because everytime I feed him the pain seems to get worse and whether I feed through the G tube or the mouth it doesnt matter he doesnt want anything to do with drinking. They did tests, chest xrays, looked in his ears -the same one the pediatrician looked in and said was infected- but they said his ears were beautidful.... He was dehydrated and they hooked him up to an IV. Then at 3 am they came in and said...ok we want to give him 100cc more and then you can go home....ummm.... Why hydrate him with fluids, send us home when he isnt drinking bottles, hes in pain....just so monday we can come back because he is dehyrated again because he isnt eatting..... They decided to get the pediatric doctors in the hospital involved....go figure.....
After fighting doctors for 5 days and 7 hrs last night into this morning...they finally agreed that I knew my son and he was in fact in pain and maybe they should admit him and try to come to conclusions to why he isnt eatting.... and why his is not himself.....
So 60 hrs of no sleep, fighting doctors for 5 days, we are again admitted to the hospital to get answers.... not that I want to be back but I dont want to see my son in anymore pain. This last week has been hell for him, for me, and for my family. We dont want him to be suffering in pain any longer. So I will sit here until we get the answers we need.
They have him hooked to the pump right now and are doing a small amount continuously (20mls/hr). Tomorrow they are going to start increasing it slowly to find out when he cannot tolerate it anymore and then we are going to work out a schedule. They dont know why he is in pain they are hoping to get the GI Doctor in to see him, the nutritionist in to see him, and they are also wondering if maybe he just has a viral infection. But we are going to get answers this time.
Keep you all updated.
Love to you all
Beth & Noah

1 comments:

Mrs. JDM3 said...

Oh Beth. Damn STUPID DR.

I think you need to find a new pediatrician.....she sounds like a stupid bitch.

Also, I wish there was another hospital you could go to. Maine Med sounds like a bunch of idiot Dr.'s too.

If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know!