THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Road is getting less bumpier

So last night was better....finally we both got some sleep. Noah slept till about 6am this morning uninterrupted. Which was so reviving for myself and himself. At 6 am he was having a crying spell but I was able to console him and then him and I fell back to sleep in my bed till about 8:30am when the doctors came in.
Today he seems to be himself. We have had a few crying spells but nothing like this week and he is full of babbling and sticking out his tongue, and full of those smiles that I cannot get enough of. He took a 2 hrs nap this afternoon, in which I joined him with. And this is a huge improvement because we were lucky to get him to sleep for 20 minutes this week.
Although the doctors are still unsure of why he is this way. They think it could have been a viral infections that started it and after being up for so long his body was so sleep deprived it couldnt figure out what to do with itself. I'm not sure that is completely what happened....I do think it has a lot to do with his constipation issues and now that we have got him so he isnt so backed up things are improving....but we need to find out how to fix it so it wont happen again. I told them this morning that I want to talk with his GI Doctor before we go home because it was important to get him so he is pooping before we go home and this starts up again.
Im also looking into trying to get them to redo his feeding study that told us he was aspirating to bad to drink from a bottle. The speech therapist said the last time we were here that she thinks it would be a good idea to redo it because if he was aspirating as bad as it looked the last time we would have more problems with phemonia, etc. She said growing can change things and it would be something we should get done again. And if we have it done and it looks like it has improved then we could stop putting rice cereal in his bottles and this could improve his constipation.
Well at least my little boy is feeling better and we are both getting some sleep now.
They have me feeding 70mls into him by bottle today. And the first bottle he only did 45mls but a half hour before we had just taking him off the pump (20mls an hr) and the second bottle he had the full 70 mls. Now its time to go feed him again.

0 comments: