THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Very Bumpy Road

So the last few days have been the most scariest days of my life so far. Thursday started to be just a usual day. Noah seemed to be ok...he didnt seem quite himself but he was doing alright. My cousin Alisha came over for the day to help me with him while I was in the doctors office. We went to my appt. Noah sat in his stroller while Alisha read to him, he was smiling, etc. Then on the way home he seemed to fuss the whole ride. Until I turned onto the road right before my road and I noticed he wasnt fussing anymore....looking behind me in his mirror his head was hunched over. Something didnt seem right. I ran around the van opened the door and he was PURPLE. He was having a siezure and wasnt breathing. I had Alisha call 911 while I tried to stimulate him finally he began breathing. The ambulance got there and he told me to get in the back because although Noah was breathing he still didnt look good. Got in there and his respiratory % was at 56%. And then he stopped breathing again. With Lights, Sirens, and speed we were rushed to Goodall Hospital. Noah stayed stable for quite a while while in the ER so the DR's sent us home saying it was a siezure and he was fine now so there was nothing they could do.
We got home and ate supper and Noah seemed fine. Erik left to take Alisha home and about an hour later( Erik was 5 minutes from the house) Noah stopped breathing again and started turning blue. Called 911. This was a quick one though and he came right out of it. The ambulance showed up and I was at crossroads on whether to stay home or have them bring me again. I decided I would stay because he usually doesnt have more than one siezure if he has any. Well.... 10 minutes after sending them away. Noah stopped breathing and was having another siezure this one lasting for 30sec to a minute. 911 was called again and they got there he had come out of it. But just as they came in the house he began having another one and was turning blue and gray skinned......by the time I got him in the ambulance he looked aweful and still wasnt breathing...... This one scared me the worst. But in the ambulance we got him breathing and he was fine the whole way to Goodall. At Goodall he had another one 15 minutes after we got there, and stopped breathing. They gave him Atavan ( a siezure med that is suppose to relax him and slow the down.) but 5 minutes into the adavan he had another one and again stopped breathing.....one more after that....and they called Maine Med and an Ambulance came and brought us to Maine Med. At Barbara Bush Childrens Hospital I was explaining the situation and he has another one and stopped breathing again. The had to use the bag pump to resesitate him. Did it again and they got him stable sent him to the treatment room and waited for the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit to be ready for him.
We spent Friday and half of Saturday in Intensive Care. They were going to bring him upstairs Friday afternoon but he had another one around noon and they kept us in there until yesterday arond 2pm.
He seems to be doing better. He hasnt had another one since noon on Friday. They have him on 4 different siezure meds right now. I dont know how long we are here for. They just need to find the right doses and the right mix of meds. These last few days were VERY scary and I dont want to go home till they know that he is completely stable.
I'll keep everyone updated as much as possible....but I dont leave his side very much right now. Luv you all.

0 comments: