THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, January 9, 2009

Hello 2009

Sorry it has taken me so long to update my blog. I've had a busy couple of months. Noah is doing better. We seem to be on a road less bumpy finally. For the past month Noah seems to be hungry ALL THE TIME. Which is wonderful after fighting him to eat for so long. He seems to want a bottle every hour. Which can sometimes lead to me not getting much accomplished for the day, but it is so worth it. After being sick from his flu in October he had lost 2 pounds and I was very upset about it. But once he recovered that is when he really started eatting. We took him back to the doctors a week later for a weight check and he had gained a whole pound in one week. We have even been able to add the fruits, cereal, and veggies back to his diet to try and make him feel fuller longer. He does okay with it but we struggle with him spitting alot of it out while feeding him. The speech therapist and Occupational Therapist is really going to try to help me with this for the next couple of months.
He is still having trouble holding his head up....but is doing extremely better with this. He does seem to hold it in place for longer periods of time. I cannot wait for the day he is holding it up. And I know with patience it will happen. He got a toy for christmas that is a mirror that you sit in front of and it lights up and plays music and he seems to really enjoy it. He even trys to hit the buttons himself...with a little help from mommy.....of course.
He is becoming more vocal and smiles more often. Although lately he has seemed to be cuddling a little more. It might have to do with the fact that we have moved out of my parents house and he seems to be getting a little more quality "mommy time."
Yes, Noah and I have moved out of my parents house and moved in with my boyfriend and his two girls. We have been there for almost a month and things are going extremely well. His girls absolutely love Noah and help me out with feeding him and holding him. They try to play with him but there isnt a whole lot that he can do yet. My boyfriend loves him like his own and helps me as well. He is even trying to get him to become a football fan. They sit in his chair at night both cuddled in the same blanket watching the game. Its cute. And its so nice to have that kind of influence in Noah's life. And although I struggle with letting someone take charge of Noah other than myself or my parents Im really trying to and Im enjoying having someone there for me as well.
School is a struggle this term with so much going on. So many changes...and the weather. But Im still trying and I know that I will get back on my feet. One more week of this term...and if I dont do as well as I have been doing. The next term I will start fresh.
Well Boston is getting closer and closer. Im excited to finally get him there. January 21st. Its been a long time coming but it is almost here. I just want some answers. I have fought a huge battle and with the fundraisers I think that I am finally going to get some where. We have a bottle fund that is through CLYNK (my work). People get green bags from me and fill them up with Maine redeemables. Then the bags get dropped off to any Hannaford with CLYNK inside them. The money gets put on a card (Noahs Acct) and I've been saving that for his Boston Trip. We are also as most of you know having a Spaghetti Dinner this Saturday January 10th from 4-7pm at the Alfred Parish Church in Alfred Maine to raise money to help pay for his visits to the Childrens Hospital in Boston. The meal is $6.00 and is all you can eat. I want to take this time to Thank all of you who have been supportive with this. The support and donations and help is appreciated more than I can express. It means a great deal to finally get him to a place that has been known to help children. A place where they may have seen his condition or something similiar and give us answers that nobody else seems to be able to give us.
Life seems to be going smoothly at this time but 2007-2008 showed me that I can get through most anything and that my friends and family are really supportive and can help me through anything that is thrown my way. If it wasnt for the support I dont think I would be where I am today. The support helps me to be the strong person that I have become. Thank you all... and dont worry my New Year Resolution is to try to be more faithful to updating this blog...lol...
Love you all.

1 comments:

Mrs. JDM3 said...

I am so happy that your road has become less bumpy! Love you guys and you know I am here for you if you need anything!