THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

After Surgery Night 1




Last night was a nightmare for myself and Noah. Noah was very uncomfortable. He was up most of the night crying. At about 2am I had enough and I called the nurse in. The residents came in and decided that a small dose of morphine would be good. I dont think that they gave him very much though because he was fine for about an hour and then started in again. This morning and afternoon he has still been very uncomfortable and they again gave him a small dose of morphine and it seemed to help for a bit. It breaks my heart to see him in so much pain. But I know that this is for the best. And it was the best option to do. Hopefully he will have no more reflux. We are on the better road now I think. They are thinking about discharging us from the hospital either Thursday or Friday but the nurse I had today said that she doesnt think it will be tomorrow. Noah is still not drinking what he was drinking before the surgery. He now can take a bottle by mouth but he has only done about 1-2 ounces today. They say it is expected because he has some swelling in the stomach and where they used a little bit of his stomach to do the Nissen surgery for his reflux, its going to take some time. Best of all he has no more tube in his nose!!! YAY!!!
But we are both doing as good as expected. Yesterday and last night was very stressful for me and for him as well. I am exhausted not only from lack of sleep but because of all the stress. But I'm glad the worse is over now we just have to wait for him to heel and wait to see what his road looks like in the future!
Thanks for the love and support!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Beth, I just wanted to let you know that you and Noah are in my prayers. I know there is nothing to say that will make things better but just have faith and things will turn out

Anonymous said...

Godbless you and your little boy, He is the cutest litte thing i have ever seen. My prayers are with you both. Hold your head high and stay strong my heart is with you.

Anonymous said...

Beth, I feel so helpless at times like these, there are no words that can help. I am a great believer in prayer, I almost lost my daughter when she was growing up so can know a little what you are going through. I will pray for you and Noah and know GOd will hear. I am the leader of TOPS Chapter 175 in Buxton, and all our Chapter members also send their love and prayers to you and your family.
Warmest Wishes,
Judy Hall